10.25.2009

Our little Cowgirl (and a fall craft)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
I have been working on my first sewing project: Charlotte's Cowgirl Halloween costume. I made a vest and skirt, both complete with cowprint and fringe. Well, I finished it this week!! She already has a pink cowgirl hat from grandma and I was going to just get a simple pink onesie for underneath, but...while driving to Carter's, I noticed Shetland's Western Wear store and I quickly changed my driving destination and ran inside. I found the BEST and CUTEST cowgirl gear: a pink collared, button-down, hanky-print onesie and pink boots (and the boots were on sale!). It surely completes her outfit. I was so excited with my finds and Charlotte and I had to play dress-up today.

So here's our little Cowgirl (I had to put the second picture in so you could see her skirt and the detail of her adorable shirt): Besides Charlotte's costume, I haven't done any crafts in what seems like forever. Meghan, my great new friend and neighbor, had said she wanted a fall wreath. I quickly convinced her we could make them prettier and cheaper than she could buy one. Last Saturday night, that's just what we did. Both of our wreaths turned out great and I may have turned Meghan into a crafter :)

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you posted the second picture. That little butt's one of the cutest parts of the outfit! Great wreath too. Wish I was just as motivated.

    ReplyDelete