10.09.2009

A tid-bit O Charlotte


It's been a little while since I posted solely about Charlotte, what she's doing, saying, eating etc. So here goes:
  • TEETH: I noticed Tuesday morning that she has another tooth! That makes 5: 3 on botton & 2 on top. I'm thinking that may help explain her snotty nose and waking up during the night
  • SLEEP: How come this little girl slept great between 2 & 5 months, but now at 9 months old she doesn't sleep through the night and hasn't since 5 months or so?? We're convinced J'Adore Yogurt is magic bc whenever she has some she sleeps all night long. My mom is convinced she's hungry and needs more to eat. Which leads to the next category....
  • EAT: Charlotte is so funny, she loves to eat and will seriously eat anything we give her. Her list of current favorites: anything she can finger pinch & feed herself (bread, puffs, mum mums, crackers, black eyed peas), staple favs: sweet potatoes is still a fav, bananas, applesauce, peaches, avacadoes, pumpkin, potatoes, peas, lima beans, carrots, edamame, I could keep going bc the child eats is all. The big new one is yogurt. I swear, she can eat a full dinner and act like she's done, then I pull the yogurt out of the fridge & she'll down a cupful in what seems like seconds. She loves the stuff! J'Adore Yogurt is our new family favorite. It's a self-serve frozen yogurt place and Charlotte gets the 'no sugar added strawberry banana' - she screams for more and draws a crowd in that place, it's pretty histerical. What's also histerical is giving her a lemon or a lime when we're out to dinner. She has the perfect, classic "sour puss" face, but still goes back for more, it's good entertainment for mommy & daddy.
  • PLAY: I went to a consignment sale & scored on a few new toys. They were definitely good buys! One has a mirror and plays music - I cannot stress how much Charlotte LOVES mirrors (she immediately smiles when she sees her cute face), the other is an Elmo guitar. Other than those, she loves books (especially her new Halloween ones from Grandma Millay), her nasal spray bottles, tupperware (especially at Meghan's house) and dog toys (but we do our best to keep her from chewing on those).
  • MOCK: The imitating has begun! She's started mocking noises, faces and things we do. She's getting good at the indian-like mouth/hand "aww", the "bliber, bliber" noise you make moving your tongue on your lips, "na, na, na" meaning no & shaking her head, saying "ma ma ma" and "da da da" and "ba ba ba". I guess it's time for mom & dad to start watching what they say and do : )
  • STATS: The standing from her most recent doctor visit are as follows: weight 17lbs 6 oz (22%) height 27 1/2" (35%), head circ. not sure of the exact #, but it's 90% ---Lots of brains in that big ol head! Current high-school projections are 5'3" and 110lbs and very smart :)
  • PHOTOS: enjoy! PS: I'm totally slacking on the "official" 9 month photo...I'll hopefully upload tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment