7.12.2009

Time to Eat!

So Charlotte is now eating! We started with bananas at about 5 months and then rice cereal a couple of weeks later. I waited until the move to feed her anything more. Now that we're here, I decided to experiment with making baby food. Hey - it's a good thing to do to pass the time and makes me feel good when I'm able to cook in this hotel "kitchen." I guess I've done an OK job so far because she's liked all she's been given.

Here's what I've made so far:

Bananas and avacado: She LOVES both so far and both are super easy to mash in a baggie and then mix into cereal with some milk

I tried to mash a peach, but I think it was kinda sour & not pureed enough cuz that didn't go so well

I pureed a pear in my food mill which she loved, I also let her suck on a pear (see photo)
I baked a sweet potato (which made a burnt mess in the oven but that's what these hotel people get for not providing a baking sheet), pureed with a littel milk in my food mill, and froze in individual baggies and she's been eating that all week, she loves it!
I used the Ziplock micro steam bags for peas & carrots (my steamer is in storage along with the rest of our life). Then used my food mill to puree, added a little milk and froze in ice cube trays (see photo - very pretty!)

Baby Mum Mums - basically rice and air crackers that dissolve easily. Thanks Jen, for recommending!



...Voila! Easy, cheap, homemade, healthy baby food!!

So she's liked everything we've given her so far! We'll see how carrots go this week and I'll probably bake some apples too.


















1 comment:

  1. Oh my! What a big girl! She is adorable with her little banana moustache. Wish you were here so we could have a baby food making marathon and then split it all :) Glad you guys are passing the time in the hotel.

    ReplyDelete